- Children’s Liturgy of the Word takes place on Sunday during the 9:15 a.m. Mass. It does not meet during the summer months (June-July-August).
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word is open to all children from preschool through second grade. This includes children involved with religious formation, St. Fabian School, and visitors. Registration is not required.
- During Mass, the children are invited to move from the church before the First Scripture reading and gather in the Music Room. The children will then return to Mass during the Prayers of the Faithful.
- During the Liturgy of the Word, the Scripture reading is presented to the children at an age appropriate level, along with an interactive homily. The homily is based on the readings (and relevant to the lives and experiences of young children) and is presented in a question and answer format. A handout is usually distributed at the end of the session to be colored at home. As a parent, you can ask your child what he/she talked about or listened to at children’s liturgy.
- Parents are welcome to attend with your child(ren). Sometimes children need to have the comfort of a parent for the first few times.