Pre K – 5
Elementary School- Gr. 1-5
- Meets September through April, for 26 weeks, grades 1 through 5. Classes are offered on Monday or Tuesday from 5:00 to 6:15pm.
- First Reconciliation takes place in January for second graders.
- First Eucharist is celebrated in May. A copy of the child’s baptismal certificate is necessary before reception of First Eucharist.
- Classes are taught by volunteer catechists, who are offered training and certification through the archdiocese.
- The curriculum for Grades 1-5 is completely compatible with the Catechism of the Catholic Church. All texts and resources bear the Imprimatur.
- Registration is necessary and is handled on a first come-first served basis. Out of parish registrations are accepted.
- Textbook and resources area available for perusal in the Christian Formation Office
Primary Grade Coordinator
- Both the Preschool and Kindergarten Religious Formation classes use the I Am Special program. Classes meet from September through April during the 9:15 a.m. Mass on the first and third Sunday of each month so the children will still have exposure to the Mass environment. Registration is required.
- The I Am Special program is based on the belief that young children need to develop positive self-concepts. Children need to feel good about themselves in order to love others as themselves.
- I Am Special aims to provide a foundation upon which future religious education can be built. It offers religious learning experiences at the young child’s level of understanding.